Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween and Some Announcements!

Happy Halloween! My favorite day of the year, in my favorite month of the year, in my favorite season of the year (though here in Florida it's little different from my least favorite season, summer). Unfortunately, I am sick today and unable to enjoy Samhain in all its glory, but I do plan to watch a few scary movies and enjoy the fact that it's Halloween!

On the announcements front:

As you've seen, "A Scandalous Arrangement," a BDSM Regency short is now available in Freya's Bower's A Rose Of Any Colour anthology. I wrote this piece in a mad whirlwind of musely inspiration. The hero, Vere Fane, literally kept me up for three days straight writing his tale. He's very demanding, as you may have guessed, and at the moment he demands you buy his book. Oh, but don't let that be your only motivation, dearies: the fabulous Katrina Strauss also has a story in the book, "Efflorescence." Set in the 1920s, Katrina's tale explores the friendship of a young model and a Russian painter, with a special guest appearance by Anais Nin. It's an excellent story, and for those of you familiar with Katrina's Eldritch Legacy, it shows a softer side to her writing that is no less effective.

Aphrodite's Apples Press has unveiled its new website. To celebrate, all titles are currently 10% off.

And if you really want to scare the pants off yourself this Halloween, then I highly recommend Adra Steia's Swamp Baby. Zombies, cannibalistic swamp-dwelling freaks, and one seriously pissed off spirit, this book creeped the bejesus out of me, and I do not creep easily.

On to more me-centric things...

Svetkavista's 2nd edition will be releasing in electronic format November 15th, that's just two weeks away! Print release is scheduled for February 15th; more info on print as it gets closer. Yes, there will be contests.

Svetkavista's new cover is up for the November New Covey award. Please do get your ass over there some time in November and vote! Stella Price deserves a win for this one!

Leading Her to Heaven 2nd edition will be releasing in electronic format December 15th, and March 15th in print. The new cover is to die for. Again, contests. Many.

For those of you on the lookout for press packs. Yes, I have them. Yes, they're awesome! Wanna know how to get one? Well, here's the first way:

Stella Price will be at the Small Press Expo in NYC December 1st and 2nd. She will have some of my press packs in her hot little hands. T-shirts and coffee mugs are first come first serve, but it's in your best interest to hot foot it on over and pick one up. Why? Because inside one random coffee mug, along with the other press pack materials, is a special hidden prize. I can't tell you what it is, then it wouldn't be special or hidden. But free, signed print books and jewelry are involved.

If you can't make it to the expo, or you don't find Ms. Stella in time, never fear. After each release over the next few months I will offer to mail you your very own goodies first come, first serve. More details on that to come later.

I think that's all for now. Boy, this sounds like a newsletter. Time to take my sniffling self off to the couch and watch some horror movies.

-KJ

No comments: