Monday, April 24, 2006

Stuff & Things

So what's going on in my world? More than I can handle, as per usual.

My website has been updated, and there is now a very short excerpt from my novel. I'll add more when/if/etc I get the time.

I have been following a muted (and possibly obsessive) fascination the story of one Ms. Lori Jareo, the fanfiction author and supposed professional editor who saw fit to self publish her Star Wars novel, Another Hope, and list it for sale on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Powell's Books.

Several other authors, including John Scalzi, have already provided lengthy discourses on the subject, and all of it stated very well, so I'll spare you. If you aren't familiar with Ms. Jareo's tale of woe and extremely large cojones, where have you been?

At any rate, the rampant discussions on copyright violations prompted me to write a small FAQ on copyright, which can be found here for now. When/if/etc I get the time, I'll put it on my site.

No comments: