Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Things That Rock. Things That Suck Part 2.

Things That Rock

1. Jane over at Dear Author posted this blog, which I found thanks to Karen Scott. I typically do not read Dear Author, because a lot of the things Jane says piss me off. (Sidebar: Opinions about Jane seem to be polarizing. My shockingly novel solution, unlike the traditional bitching and moaning about her, is to not read her blog. Imagine that.) I've noticed that a lot of authors are also lawyers, for some reason. But most aren't. Still, I believe there are several areas of the law every author should have at least a working knowledge of. One, of course, is copyright. Another is defamation.

2. I got a new cell phone, FINALLY! It's charging at the moment, but I can't wait to play.

Things That Suck

1. Loop chats. Just in general.

2. Authors who come in and promote at a loop when an author/group/publisher is featured that day. It's just rude, ya'll. Don't do it.

No comments: